How The word one to one (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why are we collecting your data?
The information you provide about yourself (including that of any individuals involved in instructing us) will be used primarily for the provision of:
- a useful resource in the form of an online map of downloads
- an interactive website where email is used to communicate with the users
- a security mechanism whereby we can restrict content to certain groups of users.
As well as for related purposes including:
- compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and good practice
- ensuring the organisation’s policies are adhered to
- operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control
- statistical analysis
- updating and enhancing subscriber records
- analysis to help us manage and improve our practice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (including but not limited to name and email address).
- Characteristics (such as worldwide location).
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation.
Our use of your information is subject to your instructions, Data Protection Legislation, other relevant legislation and our duty of confidentiality.
Please note that our work may require us to give information to third parties such as experts, regulators and other professional advisers. On occasion, those parties may be located outside the UK and the European Union. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies. Information may be held at our offices.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure there is appropriate security for information we hold. We may use a third party service provider to store some or all of your data.
Under Data Protection Legislation you have a right of access to the personal data that we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information contact email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of website features may not function as a result.